Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You've just arrived--What Are Your First Impressions?

The Arch is gorgeous, and the hotel is very comfortable. It's great to see everyone again, and I am really excited to share convention with the members of my chapter who have never been before. I didn't realize it would be so chilly--brr! I can't wait to see the hotel start to fill up with all of those Sigma Tau Delta badges. But what I am most interested to see are your responses to these prompts, and your pictures and thoughts from the Convention!

3 comments:

  1. We're here working on all the technical stuff, but already it's apparent that this Convention is going to be one of the best yet! We've got four incredible speakers, plus all kinds of workshops on everything from service opportunities to building a better resume. I'm with Lauren, though- this place will be all the better once there are a thousand of us milling about, trying to negotiate the crazy elevators (good luck!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Convention boasts a record number of submissions and a record number of registered attendees! I'm excited to not only witness the revival of the opening ceremony, but watch to see if everyone can fit into the room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first impression was fantastic - I was an awe having never been to a convention (especially of this size) before!

    My only qualm was in regards to the book signing lines - next year, can we make it a rule that those with intentions of asking questions and/or taking pictures go to the end of the line?

    If those just interested in getting their books signed go through the line first, it would make things go by much faster and smoother, that's for sure.

    Otherwise, the trip was wonderful! Can't wait to attend again next year - hoping to see everyone again in PA!

    ReplyDelete